ANA Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy
Friday, March 19, 2021
Flying with All Nippon Airways (ANA), Japan’s largest airline with a 5-Star rating, is a fascinating experience in itself. ANA, which was founded in 1952, is currently serving more than 110 domestic routes and around 80 international destinations. A member of Star Alliance, ANA offers flight services to worldwide destinations, including Japan, China, Asia, Europe, and North America, from its two major Tokyo hubs – Narita International Airport (NRT) and Haneda Airport (HND). If you are planning to embark on a global adventure then it would be indeed great for you to know about the airline’s travel offerings and ANA cancellation policy.
Travel Classes offered by ANA
All Nippon Airways offers a variety of cabin options on its expansive fleet of Boeing and Airbus aircraft. These include First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy, and Economy Class, offering the customers the option to choose the perfect cabins best suited to their needs and budget.
First Class: ANA offers two options in First Class – The Suite and ANA First Square. The new lie-flat seats in The Suite have been designed for the ultimate comfort and functionality. The Suite is available only on the 212-seat Boeing 777-300ER aircraft and prominently features a 43-inch 4K monitor for in-flight entertainment and a door for privacy. The self-contained shell square fully flat seats in ANA First Square feature high-panel walls, a large movable table, multiple storage spaces, a 23-inch touch-panel LCD widescreen monitor, and more. The ANA First Square is available on Boeing 777-300ER aircraft (264/250/212seats). The first-class seats are also available on Airbus A380 aircraft. Among other amenities offered in the first-class cabins include dedicated lounge access, priority check-in, priority baggage, priority boarding, and priority disembarking.
Business Class: The Business Class cabins offer a luxurious experience to the premium customers flying with ANA. The prominent features of business class cabins include fully flat seats, closets for storage, large LCD widescreen monitors, doors for privacy, and much more. The amenities offered in business class are somewhat similar to those in first-class and include amenity kits, priority check-in, dedicated lounge access, priority boarding, priority baggage handling, and priority disembarking.
Premium Economy: The airline offers Premium Economy cabins on its Boeing 787-9, Boeing 787-8, and Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. The customers are offered spacious seats with a 38-inch pitch and a large table swiveling 90 degrees providing easy aisle access. Among the major features in premium economy cabins include a 15.6-inch touch-panel personal monitor, meals and drinks service, pre-order snacks service, and onboard Wi-Fi for a fee. The customers are also offered priority baggage handling, priority check-in, priority boarding, and priority disembarking as well.
Economy Class: The newly designed spacious Economy Class seats with a 34-inch pitch are offered on Boeing 787-9, Boeing 787-8, Boeing 777-300ER, and Airbus A32-200neo aircraft. The slim reclining seats enable the customers to make the most of legroom. The economy class customers can request a paid in-flight meal service in advance.
What is ANA Cancellation Policy?
Travel plans sometimes change at the last minute and the customers are forced to cancel their reservations. The biggest concern for customers is about the fare amount that will be deducted for the ANA flight cancellation. Let’s know more about the All Nippon Airways cancellation process.
ANA 24-hour cancellation rules: The customers who have booked ANA flight tickets and want to cancel them can take the advantage of ANA risk-free 24-hour cancellation rules. When the customers cancel their reservations within 24 hours of original purchase on the same day and when the departure is 7 days or more away then the airline will provide them a full refund without charging any penalty or cancellation fee. The refund amount will be credited to their original mode of payment at the time of booking.
Refundable tickets cancellation rules: The customers may have to pay a significant amount as cancellation fees due to increased airfares. However, it’s always recommended to purchase refundable tickets if you are looking for an opportunity to save money when choosing to cancel your booked tickets. Refundable tickets are though somewhat expensive but offer the flexibility of getting refunds during cancellation with low penalties and charges. When canceling a refundable ticket, the customers will have to pay a cancellation fee, and the fare difference after cancellation, if any, will be credited to the customer’s original mode of payment.
Non-refundable ticket cancellation rules: The customers have to pay less amount for purchasing a non-refundable ticket as compared to a refundable ticket. The cancellation of a non-refundable ticket will attract more penalties and cancellation fees. If the non-refundable ticket is canceled within 30 days of the purchase of the ticket then the airline won’t charge an extra fee as taxes. The refund amount after the deduction of the cancellation fee will be credited to the original mode of payment used by the customer at the time of booking.
Award ticket cancellation rules: The award ticket can be canceled only after calling ANA airlines phone number. There are though certain terms and conditions for the cancellation of an award ticket. The customers who want to cancel the award ticket should bear in mind that the cancellation is not allowed within 96 hours of the scheduled departure of the flight. The award ticket cancellation can be processed 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure. The airline will not charge a cancellation fee to cancel the award ticket. The customers will however have to forfeit 3,000 miles when canceling their award tickets. After cancellation, the award ticket must be re-booked again.
How much amount customers have to pay as a cancellation fee?
The customers will have to pay ANA airlines cancellation fee for canceling both refundable and non-refundable tickets. The cancellation fee rules of All Nippon Airways are as follows:
- The cancellation charges are not applicable when the reservation is canceled until 55 days before the scheduled departure of the flight
- The customers will have to pay approximately 30% of the fare when they cancel their reservation 54 to 45 days before the flight’s scheduled departure
- The customers who cancel their ANA flights reservation 27 to 14 days before the scheduled departure of the flight will have to pay approximately 50% of the total amount of fare as a cancellation fee
- The customers who cancel their reservation after the departure of their flight will have to forfeit the entire fare amount and they will be charged 100% of the fare amount by All Nippon Airways
- The customers who want to cancel their award ticket reservation and place a request for a mileage refund are allowed to do so if they haven’t used all the sectors. The airline will deduct a specific amount as a refund charge and their award miles will be repaid to their mileage account. The taxes and fees for unused awards will also be returned
What is ANA Refund Policy?
After the cancellation of refundable and non-refundable tickets, All Nippon Airways allows for a refund as per its applicable rules. The following are the important features of ANA refund policy:
- The customers are offered a full refund when they cancel their ANA flight reservation within 24 hours of the original purchase of the ticket and when the departure date is 7 or more days away. This is a risk-free period and the customers don’t have to pay any cancellation fee or penalty when canceling during this timeframe
- If the customers cancel their reservation after the lapse of a risk-free 24-hour window then they will have to pay a cancellation fee along with a penalty, depending on the routes and departure date. The refund amount will be paid after deducting the cancellation fee and percentage rates and will be credited to the customer’s original mode of payment at the time of booking
- If All Nippon Airways cancels the flight on its own or the flight is delayed then the customers have the right to seek compensation from the airline in the form of a full refund or an alternative flight arrangement on the same day of the original departure. In the case of a delayed flight of over 3 hours or canceled flight less than 14 days before the scheduled departure then the customers have the right to compensation amount of $700 as per ANA refund policy
Knowing about the ANA airlines flight cancellation and refund policy will stand you in good stead and ensure a hassle-free booking experience. For more flight-related queries or reservations you can call Fond Travels ANA customer service number (571) 389-6426 and talk to booking experts for a seamless travel experience with All Nippon Airways.
Also, read our blog All Nippon Airways Manage Booking.
Your email address will not be published.
571-389-6426 OR, We will contact you within 24 hours.