Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Have you booked Qatar Airways flights for your next vacation but were forced to cancel them due to unavoidable circumstances? Many travelers face situations during the course of air travel. If you are faced with such a situation and fear losing money due to cancellation then you shouldn’t worry at all. It will be good for you to know about the Qatar Airways cancellation policy to make your booking experience convenient and hassle-free. Knowing about it beforehand will save you from the stress of losing the value of your ticket needlessly. If you are tactful then you can even get the full amount of your ticket when it is canceled in a timely manner.
What is Qatar Airways cancellation policy?
Qatar Airways has been providing its customers with the best services. The airline always tries to bring changes to its cancellation policy by introducing new features at regular intervals. The airline wants to make the cancellation process easier so that the customers are able to save money when making any type of cancellation.
The following are the main highlights of the cancellation policy of Qatar Airways:
- A full refund will be offered to the customers when the reservation is canceled within 24 hours of the original booking
- If a non-refundable ticket was booked by the customer and it is canceled after 24 hours of booking then no refund will be provided
- A refund will apply to the canceled refundable ticket. The customer will however have to pay a cancellation fee as per the cancellation rules
- The customer will have to pay No-show fees when the check-in process is not completed in the stipulated time
- If the flight is delayed for more than 3 hours then the customer will be provided a full refund
- If the airline cancels the flight for any reason (technical or administrative) then the customers will get a full refund
- The customers who booked the flight with an award ticket will not be provided any refund
- The customers will also get a full refund when the cancellation was done because of the death of an immediate family member, government orders, military orders, judiciary judgment, or loss of passport or visa
Qatar Airways 24 hour cancellation policy
The Qatar Airways 24 hour cancellation policy is risk-free and helps the customers to get a full refund upon canceling the reservation within 24 hours of the original booking. This is one of the best ways to save money and avoid losing the value of the ticket.
If you want to save yourself from unnecessary hassles during cancellation then you should strictly adhere to the following salient features of the Qatar Airways 24 hour cancellation rule stated hereunder.
- The customer will not have to pay any cancellation fee when the ticket is canceled within 24 hours of the original booking on the same day
- The customer will get a full refund when utilizing the risk-free 24-hour cancellation window and won’t be charged any penalty fee. The cancellation must be done within 24 hours of the original booking
- Irrespective of the fare type purchased by the customer, refundable or non-refundable, a full refund will be provided when canceled within the 24-hour timeframe
- Apart from the 24-hour timeframe, the departure date must also be 7 days away from the reservation date in order to be eligible for a full refund
- The 24-hour cancellation policy will be valid for only those customers traveling to/from the United States, Canada, and the holders of a U.S. passport
- The customers will be offered a full refund only on the tickets that are booked directly from Qatar Airways
- The tickets purchased from third-party agents will not be eligible under the airline’s 24-hour cancellation policy
- The refund amount will be credited to the customer’s original mode of payment and will be made between 7 to 21 days from the date of the refund request
What types of cancellations are made by Qatar Airways?
There are two types of cancellations made by Qatar Airways – Voluntary Cancellation and Involuntary Cancellation. Let’s know both types of cancellations.
Voluntary Cancellation: When the customer cancels the reservation on his/her own due to unavoidable reasons then it is called ‘Voluntary Cancellation’. Any type of compensation is not offered to the customers by the airline when it is done voluntarily unless the reservation was canceled with 24 hours of the original booking on the same day and when the scheduled departure of the flight is 7 days from the departure date. The customer is entitled to a full refund when canceling within the 24-hour timeframe. If the ticket is however canceled by the customer after 24 hours of booking then some amount will be provided as a refund. The customers with a non-refundable ticket will get a government tax portion only as a refund.
Involuntary Cancellation: If Qatar Airways cancels the flight on its own and for which the customers are not responsible in any way then it comes under the category of ‘Involuntary Cancellation’. In this type of cancellation, the customers are not charged any cancellation fees by the airline, and a full refund will be provided instead. The customers are provided compensation in the form of free meals, vouchers, and many more when the flight is delayed for one or two hours. However, if the flight is delayed for more than 3 hours or gets canceled then the customers will be provided a full refund from the airline as compensation.
Qatar Airways flight cancellation fee
The Qatar Airways flight cancellation fee depends on the fare type, destination, and time of cancellation. The airline will charge $175 as a cancellation fee when the outbound flight is canceled by the customer. Both cancellation fee, as well as the no-show fee, will be charged from the customers when canceling the outbound flight ticket. However, a cancellation fee of $50 is to be paid when canceling the outbound flight in order to get a refund. The customer will not have to pay any cancellation fee when the reservation is canceled within 24 hours of booking on the same day and when the flight’s scheduled departure is 7 days away from the departure date. In this case, the customer will get a full refund. The customers holding a refundable ticket will have to pay a cancellation fee as per the date of booking, routes, etc. The cancellation fee is not required to be paid by the customers holding Platinum or Gold membership. The customers holding a non-refundable ticket will be required to pay the full ticket fare as a cancellation fee. If the airline on its own makes changes in the departure timing then the customers will not have to pay any cancellation fee.
What is Qatar Airways cancellation process?
The customers can take advantage of the flexible Qatar Airways cancellation process. The airline offers multiple options to cancel their reservation, which include both online and offline. The customers can choose to cancel their reservations online by themselves through the official website of Qatar Airways. The cancellation can be done after logging into their account and follow the simple steps as displayed on their computer screen. They will also have to provide the reason for cancellation when submitting their confirmation code and the last name for the cancellation of their tickets. After confirming the cancellation the refund amount will be displayed. The customers will also receive a confirmation email from the airline on their registered Email ID. The online cancellation can also be done through Qatar Airways Mobile App, which needs to be downloaded by the customers on their smartphones.
If the customers however prefer the traditional offline mode then the cancellation can be done by visiting the airline’s ticket counter at the airport or over the phone by directly calling Qatar Airways customer service number. However, if you have any concerns with cancellation or travel-related inquiries then you can always speak to Fond Travels Qatar Airways agents +1-571-389-6426 anytime and seek prompt assistance. You can look forward to getting the best solutions for a seamless booking experience with Qatar Airways.
Your email address will not be published.
571-389-6426 OR, We will contact you within 24 hours.