EVA Air Flight Change Policy
Thursday, April 01, 2021
EVA Air is a privately owned airline in Taiwan operating out of its main hub at Taipei’s Taoyuan International Airport. The airline offers flight services to more than 60 major tourist and business destinations efficiently connecting Asia and Mainland China to North America, Europe, and Oceania. By virtue of being a Star Alliance member, EVA Air in association with other Star Alliance member airlines provides its customer's flexibility to connect to over 1300 destinations in more than 190 countries around the world. With its fleet of more than 80 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, EVA Air is proudly offering seamless global services to its customers. If you are planning to fly with EVA Air anytime soon then it’s important for you to know about the different policies of this popular airline, especially the EVA Air flight change policy.
What is EVA Air Flight Change Policy?
If you have booked air tickets with EVA Air and want to make amendments or changes to your reservation then you can always do so without any hassles. Customers have the flexibility to make changes to their EVA Air reservations utilizing different options. Before making use of any option you first need to know about the rules pertaining to EVA Air flight change. These are as follows:
- If the customer makes changes or amends within 24 hours of the original date of purchase then no change fee will be charged
- If the change or amend is made after the expiry of 24 hours of booking then the customer will have to pay a change fee depending on the fare type and route
- If EVA Air is intimated about the change in advance then the change fee may be waived by the airline
- The customer may have to pay an administration fee when the change or amend is made at the EVA Air ticketing office or at the airport
- If the customer upgrades the seat or class on an EVA Air flight then he/she won’t have to pay any change fee but will be required to pay a fare difference as per the original flight ticket
EVA Air Same Day Flight Change Rules
Millions of customers are benefiting from the flexible EVA Air same day flight change option. EVA Air charges less penalty when the customer changes flight reservations utilizing the same-day flight change option. The penalty charged is surely less when compared to other rival airlines. The same-day flight change can be made by the customers by using different options. The customers will however have to pay a fee between $50 and $300 depending on the route and fare type when making use of the same-day flight change service. The change fee may be waived in some cases when the customer is having a refundable or membership ticket. The rules for EVA Air same-day flight change is as follows:
- The customer will have to pay a change fee for making the same-day flight change as per EVA Air flight change policy
- The new flight must depart within 24 hours to the same destination from the same airport as per the originally booked ticket
- The new flight must have the same number of stops within the same scheduled airports as per the original flight
- If the customer doesn’t want to book an EVA Air flight but wants to make bookings for any other flight then the new flight must be booked with a member of Star Alliance of which EVA Air is also a part
- When making the same day change the new flight must be departing 3 hours after the same-day flight change request form is submitted to the airline
- If the scheduled flight is canceled by EVA Air on its own then the customer will not be charged any change fee. The new flight can also be easily rebooked without paying any change fee
- Same day flight change and standby facility are subject to the EVA Air flight change policy
How much EVA Air Flight Change Fee is charged?
EVA Air offers two types of tickets – Refundable Tickets and Non-Refundable Tickets. As per EVA Air flight change fee rules, the customer will not be charged any change fee when the change or amendment is made within 24 hours of the original booking date and the scheduled departure of the flight must be at least 7 days away. For refundable tickets, the change fee will be waived off by the airline if the change is being done for certain reasons, including the death of an immediate family member, passenger’s illness, pregnancy, government statement, or judiciary law. The change fee will however depend on the method of change and the reason for the change. The customers will not be charged any change fee when the flight is canceled by EVA Air on its own.
For non-refundable tickets, EVA Air will not charge a change fee if the customer makes changes or amends within 24 hours of the original booking date and the flight’s scheduled departure is 7 days away. The non-refundable ticket holders will be charged a change fee when making changes or modifications after the expiry of 24 hours time frame. The airline will however not charge any change fee when it cancels the scheduled flight on its own because of pilots and crew members’ strikes, aircraft malfunction, natural calamities such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and more, or due to passenger safety.
EVA Air will be charging between $50 and $400 as a change fee, depending on the route, fare type, and the date and time of cancellation. The customer will also have to provide the reason for change when placing a request with the airline.
EVA Air will not charge any date change fee when the departure date of the flight is 7 or more days away from the booking date. The date change fee will however apply if the departure date is within 6 days of departure.
If the customer has mistakenly made an error in his/her name then no name change fee is to be paid when the change or amendment is done within 4 hours of booking. However, the customer will have to pay a name change fee when the changes are done after the lapse of the free change period. It may also be noted that the name change fee will depend on the time of making the correction and the cause of making changes is provided.
What are the different methods to make EVA Air flight change?
EVA Air provides the flexibility to its customers to make changes or amends through different methods. These include both online and offline. For making online changes, the customer will need to visit the official website of EVA Air. The customer will need to login into his/her account and make changes by clicking on the “Manage My Trip” button and following the instructions as displayed on the computer screen.
The changes or amends can also be made offline by visiting the EVA Air self-service kiosk tower, at the airport counter, or over the phone. For making changes or amends at the self-service kiosk tower the customers will need to enter the name, booking number, and booking date, and following the on-screen instructions to make the required changes. The changes will be complete after the change fee is paid. The customer should also print the new boarding pass.
For making changes at the EVA Air ticket counter at the airport, the customers will need to request the airline’s staff to make the necessary changes. You will have to provide them your name and booking number as well as the change fee as applicable. You may also request them to print the new boarding pass for you and send it to your registered email.
You can also make changes or amend your booking over the phone by calling EVA Air customer care number at +1-(571)-389-6426 and request our travel expert to make the changes on your behalf. For any other assistance for flight change, cancellation, or new EVA Air reservations you can always call Fond Travels booking experts for a hassle-free experience.
Also, read our blog EVA Air Cancellation Policy - Complete Guide.
571-389-6426 OR, We will contact you within 24 hours.
Your email address will not be published.