Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Emirates Unaccompanied Minors Flight Policy – Complete Guide
When parents decide to send their kids alone then they do so with a heavy heart and lots of worries and concerns. However, sending your kids alone by Emirates Airlines will take your stress away. When your kid is flying solo with Emirates then be rest assured as the airline promises to make their journey an adventure. Being a concerned parent you just need to know everything about Emirates unaccompanied minor flight policy. By knowing it beforehand, your child’s journey will be convenient and hassle-free, and you will also find yourself relieved as your child is in safer hands.
Emirates offer unaccompanied minor service to children who are of between 5 and 11 years of age and are traveling alone. The unaccompanied minor service is also available for children under 8 years old and who are traveling in a different cabin class to their parent or legal guardian. According to Emirates children flying alone rules, a special request can also be made for unaccompanied minor service for children aged between 12 and 15 flying solo. The airline will make sure that the trip for the children becomes fun and memorable right from check-in till the time they are handed over to their parent or legal guardian at their destination.
Benefits of Emirates unaccompanied minor flight booking
There are several advantages for all those who make Emirates unaccompanied minor flight booking for their cute young ones traveling alone. Let’s know about the various benefits that Emirates offers to unaccompanied minors flying with it.
Assistance through the airport: Emirates Airlines will provide a dedicated specialist staff who will be meeting the child at the unaccompanied minors check-in desk. The dedicated staff will be staying with the child till the time he/she is at the airport and hasn’t boarded the flight yet. The child will be provided the much-required help by the dedicated staff at security and immigration, and finally hand over the child to the cabin crew at the aircraft door.
Priority boarding: The unaccompanied minors flying with Emirates are offered priority boarding and they will be the first ones to board the plane. The priority boarding will give sufficient time to settle down on the flight. The cabin crew will be assisting the unaccompanied minors to stow their hand luggage and make them comfortably seated on board the aircraft.
Prompt care and help on the aircraft: For Emirates child flying solo, the cabin crew will ensure that the unaccompanied minors have a comfortable, fun, and memorable trip. The parent or legal guardian should inform the airline at the time of booking itself whether their child would like to be seated by the window or the aisle, and whether he/she has any special dietary requirements. If the child has his/her birthday on the date of departure then the child’s parent or legal guardian is recommended to order a cake 48 hours before the flight’s departure so that the birthday may be celebrated together. And, what more else do you want? The airline’s Polaroid camera will be there to shoot pictures so that the child may take home photos of his/her memorable trip.
Help during landing: A specialist member of Emirates Airlines will be providing help to the unaccompanied minor upon arrival. The child will be greeted at the aircraft door and welcomed to the final destination. The unaccompanied minor will be taken through the airport by the specialist member and hand him/her to the parent or legal guardian who will be receiving the child at the destination airport.
Unaccompanied Minors Lounge: When the parent or legal guardian comes to drop off their child traveling alone at the Dubai International Airport then they can take their child straight to the Unaccompanied Minors Lounge near the check-in area. The check-in process for the unaccompanied minor will be completed at the lounge itself before they are taken to one of the departure lounges dedicated to just young solo adventurers. The Unaccompanied Minor Lounge will keep the children entertained with video games, snacks, and drinks. The lounge also has children’s bathrooms as well. If the unaccompanied minor has a connecting flight in Dubai then he/she will be taken to one of the airline’s unaccompanied minors lounges for waiting before being handed over to the flight’s cabin crew. During meal time the unaccompanied minor will be accompanied by a specialist member for eating.
Assistance for connecting flight or overnight transfer: If the unaccompanied minor has a connecting flight and will be transferring to another airline as part of his/her itinerary then the maximum time for connection to be allowed at the airport will be 4 hours. If the unaccompanied minor will however be transferring to another flight in Dubai then the maximum time permitted for connection is 8 hours. The specialist member of the airline will be taking care of the child during the allocated time for connection.
In case of overnight transfers for unaccompanied minors, the airline will not a child under 16 years to fly alone if the transfer requires an overnight stay at the connecting airport, or when they are required to travel between airports for getting to their connecting flight, which can be only done when an adult guardian is arranged to meet and care for such unaccompanied minors at the transit point. The parent or legal guardian will have to confirm the details in both situations with the airline before the unaccompanied minor is accepted onboard the flight.
What is the fee for Emirates child flying solo?
According to Emirates child flying solo rules, unaccompanied minors are required to travel on an adult fare, or else children under 12 will not be allowed to fly solo. The airline will permit children over 12 to travel alone after purchasing an adult fare. Emirates Airlines will be charging $50 as an unaccompanied minor service fee for each leg of the journey for children aged between 12 and 15 years.
What is the process to book flights for unaccompanied minors?
The parent or legal guardian will be required to contact the airline over the phone by dialing Emirates phone number so that the unaccompanied minor service can be arranged up to 12 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight. The unaccompanied minor service can also be booked through the airline’s LiveChat or by visiting the local Emirates reservations office.
What are the major highlights of Emirates unaccompanied minor policy?
The major highlights of Emirates unaccompanied minor policy are as follows:
- The unaccompanied minors are children aged 5 to 15, and who are traveling alone without being accompanied by an adult passenger
- The unaccompanied minor service will only be applicable to Emirates-operated flights
- The unaccompanied minor service is required to be arranged separately for the outbound and inbound journey
- The maximum time allowed for connection at the airport is 4 hours when the unaccompanied minor is connecting to another airline as part of his/her itinerary
- The maximum time allowed for connection is 8 hours if the unaccompanied minor is transferring to another Emirates flight at Dubai International Airport. However, it the connection time will be of more than 8 hours then it will be subject to approval from Emirates Airlines
- The unaccompanied minor is not allowed to stay overnight at the connecting airport unless an adult guardian is present for meeting and caring for them at the transit point, which will be subject to approval by the airline
- A parent or legal guardian of an unaccompanied minor will be required to complete and sign a Declaration of Indemnity form for the safety and security of the child before he/she is accepted by the airline to board the flight as an unaccompanied minor
- The parent or legal guardian of the unaccompanied minor must stay at the airport till the time the flight has departed and is airborne. The parent or legal guardian escorting the unaccompanied minor at departure or receiving the child at the destination airport will be required to provide proof of identification
- The unaccompanied minor paid service for children aged 12 to 15 years will be per passenger, per sector, and will be non-transferable. It will also be subject to refund conditions and limitations
- The parent or legal guardian of unaccompanied minor will be responsible for check-in with Emirates for seeking the unaccompanied minor service at the airport
If you want more information regarding unaccompanied minors or any travel-related inquiries then you are always welcome to contact Fond Travels for a prompt response and the best solutions to your problems.
LEAVE A REPLY
Your email address will not be published.